Good people are hard to come by these days, most people are to busy to help a friend in need. A friend in need is a friend in deed, a friend with weed is better (name it). But as I was saying people have become to caught up in their own lives that they don't spare enough time to help someone in need. It's funny how some friends will distance - oh god my dog farted - themselves from you when you have a problem that they can't help you with. Either because they don't want the blame for giving wrong advice or they don want to be around someone that seams to be down. Although those who are lucky enough to know who your true friends are will come to realise that they will stick by you through your hard times because they don't want to see you sad or angry, they want what's best for your welfare. I have come to realise who my true friends are and it is extreamly reasuring to know that everyday I will be with people that can and will help me with any problem I come across, as I would do for them.
However my use of the term good people in this context wasn't directed to my friends, it is directed to three individuals as such, three teachers might I add, 2 of which are not my class teachers. In order of who I noticed was a 'good person' to me first:
1. Mrs Oliver: in homeroom yesterday she went through checking diaries for parent signature as they do. She came to mine and noticed that only the first week of the ear has been signed, I think we have just finished week 6 and it was only signed because I have perfected the art of forging my mothers signature. Instead of putting me onto detention as what is the punishment for exntensive unsigned diary pages, she noticed something wasn't right. So she asked me about my situation at home and discovered that my diary hasn't been signed because I'm not living with mum. So she let me off as she understood my predicimant but she went that extra bit further, gave me some advise on what I could do about living out of home, Centerlink benifits and other living arangments that the government can help me with if I can't live at home for whatever reason. It was very helpful and it Kent alot that she actually went through the effort to help me out when she did t have to. And for that she is in my good people list.
2. Mr Leggett: anyone that knows Mr Legget knows that he is a good person, but the list is for good people I come across from day 1 of my journey. In that sence the list will be added to as I come across more valid contestants =]. Back to Mr Leggett, yesterday he asked for my summary which i havnt had a compleated summary since around about November last year, note that time frame. He was really fed up with the fact I havnt handed him a complete summary so he asked me if I would like to stay in at lunch to do it, I guess he wanted to punish me by keeping me in and I think everyone else saw it as a punishment but I saw it as an opportunity, so I took it. After completion of two pages of motors and generators summary we had a chat about why I have been falling behind with my summary, after sharing my story of my living arangments and loss of summaries he understood why I havnt been my old self. He knew there was chaos in my life, and being the respectful man that he is, he said he didn't need to know what was going on, only that somethig wasn't right, and so he agread to let me use his room to stay in at lunch time to complete my summary if I havnt got anywhere else to do it. That is consideration and compasion right there.
3. Mr D: my apreciation for good people was sparked today thanks to him. Mrs Oliver is my homeroom teacher and Mr Leggett is my physics teacher, however Mr D really has no link to me in a teachers sence, we have had good talks, laughs and story sharing but I don't see him as someone that needs to have as much reponsibility over my welfare compared to other teachers. Yet today he has helped me so much, when I was talking to him and he was goig through all the things he will try to do to help my life be a smoother journey, and when I say try, I thought he would give it a shot, but he got really serious about helping me, I mean he has already acomplished things he said he would try to do to help me out, so when he was going through things he cab do to help I was literaly on the verge of crying. The fact that someone that doesn't need to do anything for me is spending all this time focusing on making my lifer better for me, that really had me in tears. He is in the same department as Mrs Oliver so I assume that some words were shared and I am amazed that he has put effort into the matter and not shrugging it off as gossip.
So to those three I am ever greatful. Of course this does not mean that I only consider these three people as good people, I would class this as my teacher list, but there are two others that I will share in another post. Now I guess I will take advantage of my solitude and work on my physics summary.
iBen
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment