Sunday, May 2, 2010

The dog days are over


Couldn't think of a title and the song is stuck in my head for some reason. I may bot always like what I see in the mirror, but I can understand it. I love myself, I believe that everyone loves themself, if you didn't then why would you be you? It's just silly isn't it, being something you don't love, I can deal with being something I don't like, because I can change from that. If you are not able to use your weaknessess to strengthen yourself then you will loose. Another thing about me, I am quite a fan on war literature, not WW2 veteran stuff, I mean meanigful war shit, tactical thinking, not listening and obeying but actual logic put into place to win. Don't get me wrong I highly opose physical war, but being able to apply these winning tactics to better progress your life is fasanating. Take Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War' one of my all time favourite books. The tactics master sun preaches are winning formulas, they are the guidlines for winning on the battlefield. He talks about making your weaknessess your strongest parts, attacking the un defended and defending the un attacked. It's magnificent how intelegent and wise he is, to compose these winning formulas, and these are no ordinary formulas and tactics, anyone can make plans to win in a war, but master sun has derived his from everyday living. His teachings not only apply tithe battlefield, they can and should be applied to everything in life. He knows where it's at, and if we wish to be half as wise as he is then we should take his wisdom into consideration and build upon it in our life. Yea I love that book =]

Oh yea and Genghis Khan, again don't get me wrong, but he knew how to better he's purpose, and he did it. He believed in himself to full extent, no matter how bizzar it may seem and he acomplished his goals. One of my favorite quotes from him is, 'to succeed is not suficient, everyone else must fail'. Now if that isn't putting all your faith in yourself then I don't know what is, yea he was messed up but he went the right way about doing the wrong thing. And really in the end it comes down to the right way, no matter what you do, if you go the right way about it then you are sure to succeed. But of course our actions should be to benifit ourself and be a positive action for everyone else. If it is to benifit ourself and cause negative actions for everyone else then we are either selfish or perhaps it was necisary to do, but never fool yourself into believing it is necisary when you are truley selfish, for if you cannot be true to yourself then what worth are you for. Beloved in yourself I guess, and work for the better not for the worse. Now I bid farewell with another Genghis Khan quote, and take note on how much he believes himeslf and justifies his goals.

"I am the punishment of god. If you had not commit such great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"

Classic right?

iBen with a silent F

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment