A song that you know all the words to, hell there are thousands of songs I know all the words to, this was incredibly hard to choose just one song, I managed to narrow it down to five songs, and then I ended up choosing a totally different song. The Presets in general are amazing, and this song is a masterpiece, it is open to various interpretation and I love how relevant it is to me. So why choose this song instead of something more mainstream or 'appealing', because I don't only know the lyrics to the song, but I know the lyrics, if that makes sense, and they appeal to me more than just a song.
The film clip, directed by Eva Husson, was done so brilliant, I remember seeing the film clip for the first time after hearing it and it just made me appreciate the song even more. How they distance themselves from everyday reality and enter their own world, ignorant to the fact that they are still physically attached to the real world. I see it as an expression of freedom, and I love expression of freedom, I love being able to feel free expressing myself in the real world, and not be judged for it, well, not care that I am judged for it, I just love the feeling of not having to contain myself in order to 'keep the peace' in society, and thats what this song does for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment